Carrots are one of the most widely enjoyed vegetables in the World. Carrots are a good source of antioxidants and they are rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B8, Potassium, Iron, Copper and Manganese. Carrots have several Health and Skin benefits and most of these benefits are attributed to the Beta-carotene and fibre content of Carrots.
Here are some of the benefits of Carrot.
Health benefits of carrots
- Carrot helps to improve vision
- Regular consumption of Carrots reduces Cholesterol levels which can help prevent Heart disease
- It helps improve blood circulation
- It is an immunity booster
- Carrot reduces the severity of constipation and aids digestion
- Carrot is important in dental health as the minerals present in Carrot kill harmful germs in the mouth and prevent tooth decay.
- Carrot contains phytoestrogen which relieve menstrual pain and bleeding. It also helps menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes
- Carrot aids in proper development of the foetus and reduces the risk of miscarriage
- Regular consumption of Carrot helps in the production of Breast milk
- Carrot reduces signs of premature and also helps prevent wrinkles
- Carrot has anti-inflammatory properties which help to and tone the skin
- Carrot provides protection against sun rays and helps in repairing skin tissues
- Carrot juice is effective in getting rid of blemishes and scars
- Carrot makes dry skin softer, smoother and firmer.
Hair benefits of carrot
- Carrot prevents hair breakage and strengthens hair
- Carrot helps stimulate hair growth