Growing up I never really liked Ginger, I am not really sure why. It could be because it was in virtually everything I ate back then.
Up till about 2 years ago, I was still against ginger being close to me; but recently, I enjoyed one of the amazing benefits of ginger (a story for another day) and since then I have not looked back. So, I decided to share with you some of the benefits of ginger, hoping you will start inculcating it in your lifestyle. Enjoy!
- Ginger aids in the treatment of chronic digestion
- Ginger has been known to treat many forms of nausea and vomiting such as nausea after surgery, morning sickness and nausea in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy
- It helps fight flu and common cold
- It is effective against muscle pain and soreness
- A mixture of ginger, cinnamon and sesame oil can reduce pain and stiffness in osteoarthritis patients when applied topically.
- Ginger drastically lowers blood sugar levels
- Ginger powder helps reduce menstrual pain
- Ginger contains a substance, Gingerol that may help prevent cancer
- Ginger helps protect against Alzheimer’s disease
- It can help lower the risk of infection
- Ginger is known to naturally improve diabetes and enhance insulin sensitivity.
- in Ginger can help lower the risk of infection
- Eating Ginger can help fight signs of aging such as wrinkles
- Ginger is the best natural solution for getting rid of acne
- Fresh ginger juice soothes and heals burns and blisters
- Ginger root applied to the face can help give a refreshing glow
- Fresh ginger is a great treatment for hypopigmentation
- Ginger roots help reduce hair loss
- Ginger contains natural antiseptic properties which help to fight dandruff issues
- Using Ginger oil on the scalp increases blood circulation to the scalp, making hair silky and shiny at the same time. It can also help repair split ends and dry hair problems.
Mix a little with your shampoo and hair oil and notice the difference
Ginger can be used fresh, dried, powdered or as an oil or juice.