Beautiful fragrance scents are mostly expensive, and they sometimes contain chemicals that could cause allergic reactions, headaches and so on. If you would prefer to use a perfume made of natural ingredients, this is for you.
This Homemade perfume is made from essential oils and coconut oil.
Before we move on, we need first to understand the order to make perfume from essential oils.
Perfume is made up of a blend of essential oils; the top note, the middle note and the base note. When making your perfume, you start with the base notes, followed by the middles notes and then finally the top notes.
The top note is the first thing you smell in the perfume, but it dissipates quickly. Example of top note essential oils includes: Basil, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Orange, Peppermint, Rosewood, Tangerine
The middle note lingers, it is called the heart of the fragrance. e.g. Chamomile, Cypress, Geranium, Ginger, Lavender, Lemongrass, Rose
The base notes evolve over time; they are often earthy scents. e.g. Frankincense, Myrrh, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla
A perfect composition of a perfume will be 10-30% top note, 30-60% middle notes, 15-30% base notes.
- For a small quantity, 20 drops essential oil of your choice is ok: 5 drops top notes e.g. Lime (25%), 9 drops middle notes e.g. Lavender (45%), drops base notes e.g. Vanilla (30%)
- Drop your essential oils in the bottle
- Add coconut oil
- Shake well
- Use dark coloured will help preserve your fragrances by keeping light out
- Store your perfume out of direct sunlight
- Shake your perfume well to allow the scents before application
- You can use a roller bottle or a spray bottle to store your perfume