Carrot oil is easy to make and is helpful in building supple skin and aiding hair growth and strengthening.
Ingredients for making carrot oil
- Carrots (10 – 15 pieces)
- Sieve or fine mesh strainer
- Oil (olive oil, oil or vegetable oil)
- Wash your carrots thoroughly and peel off the skin
- Grate the carrots with your hand grater
- Place the grated carrots into a pot and pour in enough oil to cover the carrots
- Cook the carrots and oil at low heat until they are tender and the oil has changed colour to orange
- Allow to cool
- Pour the mixture through a sieve (do this several times) till you have no particles left
- Store the oil in a glass jar and place in the refrigerator
Tada!!! Your oil is ready for use.
- You can use any oil of your choice (please do not use palm oil, LOL)
- The oil will last for 6 – 8 months if stored properly.
For more carrot benefits, look up (Benefits of carrot)