Body butter is perfect for nourishing tired, rough and dry skin. It is so important to revive those sore elbows and knees with some creamy goodness.
So instead of heading to the drug store to buy an overpriced, chemical laden body butter that contains ingredients that are questionable, why not just make your own?
It is so straightforward and cheap to do that you will find yourself making them for the all your female friends and relatives.
Homemade Body Butter Recipes For Silky Skin
To make your body butter, you will need body butter, body oil and an essential oil of your choice.
Note: Not all essential oils are skin friendly or child-friendly. Please do your research before adding.
Try one if these two great body butter and keep your skin youthful and wrinkle free.
Shea Body Butter
1 cup organic raw shea butter (solid)
1/2 cup coconut oil (solid)
1/2 cup almond oil (liquid)
1. Melt shea butter and coconut oil in the top of a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
2. Stir in almond oil and essential oils of your choosing.
3. Place oil mixture in freezer or outside to chill.
4. Wait until oils start to partially solidify then whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved.
5. Place in clean, glass jar and enjoy!
A little goes a long way.
Cocoa Body Butter
1 cup cocoa butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup sweet almond oil
1. In a bain-marie, melt down your hard butter and oils until fully liquid
2. In a bowl, blend the melted butter with all of the oils and set in the freezer to harden about 20 minutes.
3. Once the mixture is solid again, but not too hard, whip it up using an electronic whisk, a food processor with a whisk attachment, a handheld whisk and a bit of elbow grease or your kitchen-aide (lucky!) until you have created fluffy white clouds
4. Spoon it into a clean jar or container. It will keep for months.
5. Slather it on!