If you have had to pay a professional makeup artiste for an event, you would know that adding false eyelashes will set you back about an extra two thousand naira. Very painful (at least for me).
I went out and bought a very affordable pack. After sitting hours trying (and failing), I learnt some things. Let me spare you the agony. May I also add you should buy good quality eye lash glue!
- Before you do anything else, measure the length of the lash to make sure it fits your eye shape. If the strip needs to be cut to fit, snip the outer edge completely off with small nail scissors. This will avoid drooping at the corner
- The next step is to prepare the glue. Now, you will not want to just directly apply glue to your eyelid as that can be very dangerous if you were to accidentally glue your eye shut or get it inside your eye. If you have a steady hand, you can squeeze straight from the tube onto the strip or use tweezers to hold the lash while you apply the glue. One smart tip you can use is to put a little bit of glue on your hand and run the eyelash through it. Then wait a few minutes for the glue to gel somewhat so it is not so liquid when you go to apply it to your eyelid
- When accidents do happen though, merely take off your false eyelash, go rinse out your eyes and let the wet lashes dry, you can re-apply them later. Try to use as little glue as possible to avoid mistakes and injuries
- Once you have applied your false eyelashes, you need to take out your mascara and put on a coat to both the real and false eyelashes. This will allow them to blend in and look as if they are all one piece
- The final touch for how to apply false eyelashes on yourself is to add some eyeliner to fill in any gaps that may have been missed. And voila! Alluring eyes for less cost. And if you get good quality lashes, you can use them several times.